2 Open Smart Grid Platform community members will cover the Open Smart Grid Platform at IEC 61850 Europe. Sander Jansen and Jonas van den Bogaard will cover the use of IEC 61850 in combination with the Open Smart Grid Platform. IEC 61850 is currently used by the following use-cases: Distribution automation, Public lightning and Mircogrids.
The presentation will cover the following topics:
- Identifying the drivers and benefits of applying IEC 61850 to control street lights and microgrids both for the utility and the end consumer
- Overcoming the challenges of utilising IEC 61850 in CDMA based telecom networks
- Understanding how IEC 61850 logical nodes can be seamlessly extended for innovative use cases
- Managing the cyber security challenges introduced by IEC 61850
- Determining the roadmap for scaling up the street light application supported by the Open Smart Grid Platform