- This event has passed.
LF Energy Summit 2018
October 24, 2018 @ 08:30 - 17:15USD350
LF Energy, a new initiative of The Linux Foundation, provides a neutral, collaborative environment for open source innovation to enable the “electrification of everything to scale.” Together we can transform the world’s relationship to energy. Climate change demands that we accelerate the transition to distributed and variable energy resources. This requires a new power systems paradigm with modern communication infrastructure to safely connect the proliferation of devices and sensors. The first ever LF Energy Summit, part of Open Source Summit Europe hosted by The Linux Foundation, will bring together power system engineers with open source developers to build a vibrant ecosystem of utilities, TSOs, DSOs, vendors, and energy leaders at the genesis of this global effort.
The first ever LF Energy Summit, part of Open Source Summit Europe hosted by the Linux Foundation, will bring together power system engineers with open source developers to build a vibrant ecosystem of utilities, TSOs, DSOs, vendors, and energy leaders at the genesis of this global effort.
- 8:30-8:55 | Welcoming LF Energy, Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, The Linux Foundation
- 8:55-9:20 | The Future of Energy is Shared Technology Innovation, Shuli Goodman, Executive Director, LF Energy
- 8:55-9:20 | The Power of Open Source, Dan Kohn, Dan Kohn, Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- 9:35-9:55 | LF Energy and the Power of Storytelling, Jamie Smith, CMO, The Linux Foundation
- 9:55-10:30 |Lightning Talks – Moderated by Shuli Goodman, Executive Director, LF Energy
- Lightning Talk: Operator Fabric – Benoît Jeanson, R&D Project Manager, RTE
- Let’s Coordinate – Guillaume Trimbach, Project Manager, RTE
- RIAPS – Gabor Karsai, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vanderbilt University
- PowSyBl – Jean-Baptiste Heyberger, R&D team Manager, RTE
- 10:30 – 10:50 | Break
- 10:50-11:05 | Power Systems – Call to Action, Olivier Grabette, Deputy CEO and Member of the Executive Board, RTE
- 11:05-11:20 | Andrew Scobie, Founder and CTE, Faraday Grid
- 11:20-12:20 | Panel: Grid of the Future
- Gabriel Bareux, Deputy Director Information System and Telecoms, RTE (Moderator)
- Shuli Goodman, Executive Director, LF Energy (Moderator)
- Laurent Schmitt, Secretariat General, ENTSO-E
- Steve Martin, Chief Digital Officer, GE Power
- Michael Weinhold, CTO, Chief Innovation Officer, Siemens
- Jeff Borek, WW Program Director of Open Technology, IBM
- 12:20-12:40 | LF Energy: Governance, Intellectual Property, and Membership, Mike Dolan, VP of Strategic Programs, The Linux Foundation
- 12:40 – 14:00 | Lunch & Project Demos
- 14:00 – 17:00 | Get Energized!Lucian Balea R&D Program Director and Open source Manager, RTE; Arpit Joshipura General Manager, Networking, The Linux Foundation; Dana Pearlman Lead Facilitator and Designer, Dana Pearlman Consulting
- In this interactive, participant driven session, we’ll explore opportunities for building the common open source, non-differentiating code that is essential to accelerating the energy transition. Bring your projects, your ideas, and your interests! Participants will be able to share projects they are working on and then self-organize into deep dive breakout groups focused on topic areas that may include (but will not be limited to): operator control and legacy integration; power system simulation, planning, analytics; distributed control and microgrids; automation and orchestration; demand response, curtailment; and smart cities as the first step to aligning interests, establishing community frameworks, and charting the path forward.
- 17:00-17:15 | Closing Message, Shuli Goodman, LF Energy, Executive Director
- 17:15 – 18:15 | Evening Mixer (Sponsored by RTE)
The Registration Fee is only $350 USD or $200 USD if added to an existing Open Source Summit Europe registration.Learn More & Register