- This event has passed.
Open-Source Power Systems Analysis Packages: Workflow and Benchmarking on Common Load Flow Problem
March 15, 2022
Calling all researchers, analysts, and software developers interested in using open-source tools for power system analysis!
G-PST’s Pillar 5 and LF Energy convened a group of developers from Réseau de Transport d’Électricité (RTE) France, the Fraunhofer Institute, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), the University of Edinburgh, and Artelys to compare open-source tools available for analyzing power systems.
On Tuesday, March 15th, the developers will…
• Provide a short introduction to four open-source packages and
• Compare workflows for a common and equivalent load flow calculation.
Want to join the discussion? Click here to register and learn more.
In a forthcoming follow-up event, the team will undertake a common planning exercise to highlight capabilities from each tool to identify power system expansion plans and analyze the operational performance of future systems.
• Clayton Barrows, NREL
• Benoit Jeanson, RTE France
• Dheepak Krishnamurthy, NREL
• Maximilian Parzen, Director of PyPSA meets Earth Initiative
• Nicolas Omont, PhD, Vice President of Operations at Artelys
• Roman Bolgaryn, Fraunhofer Institute
Moderator: Juha Kiviluoma, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland