The Resilient Information Architecture Platform for Smart Grid (RIAPS) is a software platform for building distributed real-time embedded applications using a component-oriented approach. RIAPS provides core infrastructure and services for building effective, secure, and powerful distributed Smart Grid applications. Applications include, but are not limited to: monitoring and control, data collection and processing, microgrids, energy management, transactive energy, and safety applications.
The RIAPS technology stack features:
- A component-oriented programming model for distributed real-time software running on embedded nodes dispersed throughout the grid or microgrid
- Support for low-latency, hard real-time applications via a low-overhead messaging layer
- Services for application management, fault tolerance, security, high-precision time synchronization, distributed coordination
- Uniform device access with support for various industrial protocols
- A development toolkit for developing and deploying apps
- Implementation languages include Python, C++, Simulink/Stateflow, and others