Shapeshifter is an open source protocol to implement the Universal Smart Energy Framework for flexibility forecasting, trading, and settlement processes. It enables trading via Distribution System Operator (DSO) and Transmission System Operator (TSO) coordination platforms that support the protocol. The project enables the fastest, fairest, and lowest cost route to a smart energy future by delivering one common approach to efficiently connect smart energy projects and technologies.
Version 3.0.0 of the Shapeshifter protocol is now available. This is the first release since the Shapeshifter project was brought into LF Energy to maintain and develop the UFTP protocol. The biggest change in the new release is the addition of metering messages so that metering data can be submitted by the aggregator to the DSO. Version management was also introduced.
Detailed changes in this release include:
Imported project from USEF UFTP.
- Metering Messages – To support submission of metering data from the AGR to the DSO.
- Version tag in PayloadMessageType – So that the version number is specified in every message and the DSO can support multiple versions at the same time.
- Service type in FlexRequest message – so that the aggregator knows which service is being requested.
- Order Reference in FlexOrderSettlement – so that the aggregator knows which order the settlement is for.
- Improved the description of FlexRequestMessageID and D-PrognosisMessageID fields.
- Reference from FlexSettlement and FlexSettlementResponse – These fields supplied the same functionality as the FlexSettlementMessageID field. Now the FlexSettlementMessageID field in the FlexSettlementResponse should be used.
More information can be found in the release notes.
Shapeshifter always welcomes new contributors and end users to the project. To learn more about Shapeshifter generally, review the documentation, and/or join the project mailing list, visit https://www.lfenergy.org/projects/shapeshifter/.