OpenEEmeter, as implemented in the eemeter package and its companion eeweather package, contains the most complete open source implementation of the CalTRACK methods, which specify a family of ways to calculate and aggregate estimates avoided energy use at a single meter particularly suitable for use in pay-for-performance (P4P) programs.
The eemeter package contains a toolkit, written in the Python language, which may help in implementing a CalTRACK compliant analysis (see CalTRACK Compliance in the documentation). eemeter contains a modular set of functions, parameters, and classes that can be configured to run the CalTRACK methods and close variants.
- Candidate model selection
- Data sufficiency checking
- Reference implementation of standard methods
- CalTRACK Daily Method
- CalTRACK Monthly Billing Method
- CalTRACK Hourly Method
- Flexible sources of temperature data. See EEweather.
- Model serialization
- First-class warnings reporting
- Pandas DataFrame support
- Visualization tools
OpenEEmeter was initially developed by Recurve and contributed to LF Energy in 2019.